After successfully bringing the Developer Study Jæm(Ekiti State) workshop to a wrap, the jæmers developed æpps on æternity blockchain by putting all they had been taught during the 10 weeks workshop series to good use and in turn, they created some outstanding and groundbreaking æpps.
In creating these æpps, ækiti(aeternityekiti.chain) team created a guide where the jæmers decentralized æpps built on aeternity blockchain can be found. The guide is a combination of 10 (ten) different æpps, an extension of the jæmers themselves who put their hearts and souls into creating these æpps including;
Stherfix is an æpp developed using æternity technologies(Sophia SmartContract and æternity JS SDK) by Oluwatosin Ayeni. This aepp helps to create personalized booking experiences for dental check-ups by making reservations from any device. Stherfix has a profile feature that makes a user register on the æpp using his/her æternity wallet address. With this profile feature, a user can see his appointments(previous and recent) while the admin manages the whole system.
GeoHostel is an æpp developed by Hammed Ejilola that makes use of æternity and IPFS technology. It makes use of the 6.1.2 æternity JS SDK version alongside it’s Sophia smart contract while IPFS handles the image storing on the internet by saving the image hash on the smartcontract. GeoHostel solves the problem or difficulty of getting hostels on campus with its role enabled feature. A caretaker or landlord adds a hostel including the image, facilities, and amount(in AE value) of the hostel and a user can reserve the hostel by paying the stipulated value added by the hostel manager. The manager can then see all the hostels he/she has added to the system while the users can see the list of the hostel he/she has reserved while the admin has overall access.
*Hospital Management System
*Student Results Recorder
What is AEchat?
AEchat is a decentralized chat æpp on æternity blockchain that utilizes ReactJS, IPFS, Google, and of course æternity technology. AEchat is an open-source project where contributions are highly welcome on GitHub.
- Are the messages stored in plain text in the contract? For now, all messages are stored as plain text.
- Is there any security measure that protects our privacy? Presently, we only make use of the contract where all messages, friends are mapped to an address(Where the address is the function caller). Although we are working more on encrypting messages sent.
- How do I edit my profile? With a simple click of the profile picture, you can always edit your profile.
- Can I send tokens to a friend? As of now, no but this alongside sending images and other files will be rolling out soon.
- Why should I use AEchat? With AEchat all you need is an address to send messages, files, and token(rolling out soon).
- Can I use AEchat outside base æpp? This feature is in progress as AEchat is presently a PWA site that will remotely connect to base æpp soon.
- Where can I get support if I’m having problems with the AEchat website? Please leave your comments, suggestions, as well as reports on any issues as a comment below or send a mail to email@example.com.
Learn more about AEchat using the link below.
Find all æpps from the community in the project section of her website.