Week 6 — Developer Study Jæm(Ekiti State)
With the jæmers in high spirit after successfully completing AEchat SmartContract, Week 6 kicked off on a positively brighter note.
Week 6 of the Developer Study Jæm(Ekiti) started with teaching the Interplanetary File System(IPFS).
Developer Study Jæm - Ekiti State
devstudyjaem is aimed at gathering developers to develop remarkable solutions using æternity technologies
IPFS is a peer - to - peer hypermedia protocol designed to make the web faster, safer and more open.
IPFS Powers the Distributed Web
IPFS aims to surpass HTTP in order to build a better web for all of us. Today's web is inefficient and expensive HTTP…
With IPFS, your file and all of the blocks within it is given a unique finger point called a cryptographic hash.
Week 6 Day 1 of Developer study jæm(Ekiti) began with the jæmers learning about IPFS; how to use it to store files and retrieve files from the blockchain. The jæmers were taught on the benefits of IPFS, which includes that;
- IPFS lets you address large amounts of data and place the immutable, permanent links into blockchain transactions. This timestamps and secures content without having to put the data itself on the chain.
- IPFS also keeps every version of your files and makes it simple to set up resilient networks for mirroring data.
- IPFS aims to surpass HTTP in order to build a better web for all of us. HTTP downloads files from one computer at a time instead of getting pieces from multiple computers simultaneously; peer - to - peer IPFS saves big on bandwidth up to 60% for video, making it possible to efficiently distribute high volumes of data without duplication and so on.
- IPFS removes duplications across the network.
- Each network node stores only content it is interested in, plus some indexing information that helps figure out which node is storing what. When you look up a file to view or download, you're asking the network to find the nodes that are storing the content behind that file's hash.
- You don't even need to remember the hash, though — every file can be found by human-readable names using a decentralized naming system called IPNS
week6 — devstudyjaem-ekiti
You can't perform that action at this time. You signed in with another tab or window. You signed out in another tab or…
After learning about all the benefits of IPFS, the jæmers learned how to add IPFS technology to their React App using its dependency; a very stressful task, they were rewarded with æternity tokens when they successfully installed IPFS dependency on their ReactJS æpp. Day 1 ended with the jæmers integrating IPFS technology on the Developers Study Jæm final project (AEchat) to store users' profile images.
Week 6 Day 2 workshop began with the jæmers learning how to deploy their ReactJS æpp on GitHub, we further looked at the problems with building a ReactJS æpp that has IPFS technology as a dependency and how to fix it.
The jæmers were told that no matter what they do with the web, IPFS has proved to be useful to achievers, service providers, researchers, developing world blockchains and even content creators. We ended week 6 by fixing IPFS dependency bug problems.